[Linux-cluster] 4U5 CSS/CMAN/fence quorum confusion

Patrick Caulfield pcaulfie at redhat.com
Fri Jun 8 12:04:34 UTC 2007

Robert Clark wrote:
> I've upgraded a test cluster to RHEL4U5, but I'm having some problems on
> boot. ccsd and cman seem to be having a small disagreement over whether
> the cluster is quorate meaning fenced fails to start up.
>

>   Does anyone know what might cause ccsd to continue to refuse
> connections for a lack of quorum after cman has decided the cluster is
> quorate?

The usual cause of this is the magma plugins either not being installed in the
right place or even at all. "magma_tool list" will show you which plugins are
installed, for CMAN you need the magma_sm.so plugin.

--
Patrick

Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street,
Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 ITE, UK.
Registered in England and Wales under Company Registration No. 3798903