[Linux-cluster] Linux Cluster Questions

Maciej Bogucki maciej.bogucki at artegence.com
Fri Jun 8 13:35:41 UTC 2007

> 2. fencing -- Ick!!! I don't have any of the fencing agents -- such as an
> APC MasterSwitch, IBM Blade center, Brocade McData, Sanbox/Qlogic, or Vixel
> fibre switches, Egenera blades, HP ILO ... that leaves me with GNBD and
> Manual/Manual_ack.  From the man pages it's suggested I not use
> Manual/Manual_ack for production.  I really don't need automatic re-adding
> of an node once it comes back up, what issues will I run into using manual
> fencing?

Hello,

In production You need automatic fencing, because when one node goes
down, Your GFS filesystem will be freezed(no ro/rw operations permited)
until You perform manual fencing. You could try to use new fence_scsi
agent, but You need to check if Your storage support Persistent
Reservations (SPC-2 or greater).

Best Regards
Maciej Bogucki