[Linux-cluster] Defining dependency of services

Roger Peña orkcu at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 10 04:22:19 UTC 2007

--- chirantha pitigala <chiranthlk at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi roger,
>
> What I need is dependency between services. e.g:
> service 1 depends on successful start of service 2.
> Is it possible to do by making parent-child
> relationship between script resources of two
> services?
What I try to do is think of service as "cluster
services", a service that a cluster will bring, not a
unix service (httpd or ftp)

if I do it in that way, nothing will stop me of having
two unix services as resource of a cluster service,
more important if this two unix services depend
between them.
so I _guess_ you can define an init.d script as a
child  resoucer of another init.d script resource, I
_guess_ you will have a change that things works with
start-stop actions, but I don't know about
check-status action ...

having said that I also have to say that I never had
done something like this :-) : one service depending
of another

cu
roger

RedHat Certified ( RHCE )