[Linux-cluster] dlm service is not stopping

Panigrahi, Santosh Kumar Santosh.Panigrahi at in.unisys.com
Tue Jun 12 09:39:45 UTC 2007

Hi Cluster Team,

I have configured a 2 node cluster (RHEL5). When I am shutting down the
cluster, I am stopping "rgmanager' service first and then "cman'
service.

But cman service is failing to stop and flashing the following error
message.

[root at m1045 panigrsk]# service cman stop

Stopping cluster:

   Stopping fencing... done

   Stopping cman... failed

/usr/sbin/cman_tool: Error leaving cluster: Device or resource busy

                                                           [FAILED]

'cman_tool" is showing "dlm" service is still running.

[root at m1045 panigrsk]# cman_tool services

type             level name       id       state

dlm              1     rgmanager  00020001 none

[2]

Please help me, How to stop dlm service.

Thanks,

Santosh