[Linux-cluster] Trouble finding openais include dir in RHEL5 compile

Patrick Caulfield pcaulfie at redhat.com
Wed Jun 13 07:21:27 UTC 2007

Christopher Barry wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 15:11 -0400, Christopher Barry wrote:

>>> When installing openais, you should use:
>>>
>>> make install DESTDIR=/
>>>
> ...snip
>

> Thanks Steve. That gets me to the dlm dir, which fails with the errors
> below. This is cvs RHEL5 against the stock RHEL5 kernel 2.6.18-8.el5
>
> Any thoughts on this? I googled this failure, but nothing relevant comes
> up.
>

> gcc -Wall  -g -I. -O2  -D_REENTRANT -c -o libdlm.o libdlm.c
> libdlm.c: In function ‘set_version_v5’:
> libdlm.c:324: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct
> dlm_device_version’
> libdlm.c:325: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct
> dlm_device_version’
> libdlm.c:326: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct
> dlm_device_version’
> libdlm.c: In function ‘set_version_v6’:
> libdlm.c:335: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct
> dlm_device_version’

You need the latest kernel headers that have the updated dlm includes. Or, if
you're desperate, copy them from the latest kernel and stick

#define __user

at the top...(it's what I did!)

--
Patrick

Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street,
Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 ITE, UK.
Registered in England and Wales under Company Registration No. 3798903