[Linux-cluster] altname broken?

Patrick Caulfield pcaulfie at redhat.com
Wed Jun 13 09:09:54 UTC 2007

Frederik Wagner wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> I was succesfully using the altname option under Scientific Linux 4.4 in
> my cluster.conf in the clusternode definition, like:
>
> <clusternode name="auriga" nodeid="1" votes="1">
>    <altname name="auriga-hb"/> -->
>    <fence>
>      <method name="1">
>         <device lanplus="1" name="auriga_IPMI"/>
>      </method>
>    </fence>
> </clusternode>
>
> since I'm using Scientific Linux 5 now, the altname option seems to be
> broken, in the sense that I have problems rejoining the cluster of even
> starting up the cluster. It's a bit unspecific, since I can not really
> track the starting of the cman init script.
>
> Are there any known problems regading this option?

There's nothing changed in that area that I can recall. Can you track the
startup with "cman_tool join -d" and also CMAN messages that appear in syslog on
the nodes?

Patrick

Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street,
Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 ITE, UK.
Registered in England and Wales under Company Registration No. 3798903