[Linux-cluster] altname broken?

Patrick Caulfield pcaulfie at redhat.com
Wed Jun 13 12:23:33 UTC 2007

Frederik Wagner wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> On 06/13/2007 11:09 AM, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
>> Frederik Wagner wrote:
>>> Are there any known problems regading this option?
>>>
>> There's nothing changed in that area that I can recall. Can you track the
>> startup with "cman_tool join -d" and also CMAN messages that appear in syslog on
>> the nodes?

Ahh, I misread you original message slightly. I though this was an upgrade from
4.4 to 4.5 not to 5.0 which is a totally new cluster system!

I just tried altname on my systems here and it seems to work fine - though it's
not a very representative test network.

Firstly, make sure that all your nodes are running the same version of the
software. I suspect you are but it is important to realise that you can't mix V4
and v5 clusters.

The TOTEM messages I'd rather leave to Steve Dake to have a look at if he has time

--
Patrick

Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street,
Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 ITE, UK.
Registered in England and Wales under Company Registration No. 3798903