[Linux-cluster] GFS over GNBD freezes

andremachado andremachado at techforce.com.br
Fri Jun 15 14:05:11 UTC 2007

Hello,
Many thanks for your message.
Well, actually the article is from my blog...
So, I already executed all steps described there, and much more ideas also.
The synchronization solved the problem of single directly writing, but not **concurrent** access over gnbd.
oopses_ok is a frigthning proposition...
Read across RH docs, tried many cluster.conf configurations, enabled debug and collected some data.
Unfortunately, I still have only some "suspects".
It ***"seems"*** that the cluster locking (suite 1.03.02) is not so robust, and heavily depends on fast FC private networks, not implementing suitable semaphores and handshaking.
I am trying to implement iscsi now (reading docs phase). But, maybe, the problems arise again if the real cause is at GFS / clvm locking coordination and not at gnbd itself.
As RH docs suggests at fig. 1.13 [0] that the intended idea is feasible, I am trying it.
do you have any additional ideas?
How to spot the real cause?
Regards.
Andre Felipe Machado