[Linux-cluster] gfs and software raid across 4 systems.

Jon Gabrielson jonyahoo at directfreight.com
Sat Jun 16 03:41:01 UTC 2007

I have 4 servers each with their own harddrive.
I would like to setup gfs so that each can read/write
to their local harddrive and the data synced to the other 3 harddrives.
My original idea was to export all 4 harddrives with a network block
device like iscsi/gnbd/nbd and then use md software raid1 on top of
those but I've heard that this is a bad idea as md is not cluster aware.
I also found drbd but it only supports 2 harddrives.

Are there any available solutions for doing a 4 way mirror like I
am looking for?   Basically a network raid 1 across 4 harddrives
on 4 separate systems.

Thanks,

Jon.