[Linux-cluster] problem starting clvmd on second node.

Dan Deshayes dan.deshayes at algitech.com
Wed Jun 20 14:34:01 UTC 2007

Robert Peterson wrote:

> Dan Deshayes wrote:
>
>> but when i try to mount it the proccess just freezes.
>> /var/logs/messages:
>> Jun 20 15:06:22 asl012 clvmd: Cluster LVM daemon started - connected
>> to CMAN
>> Jun 20 15:07:19 asl012 kernel: Trying to join cluster "lock_dlm",
>> "acl002:project_db"
>> Jun 20 15:07:19 asl012 kernel: dlm: connecting to 2
>> Jun 20 15:07:19 asl012 kernel: Joined cluster. Now mounting FS...
>>
>> and then nothing happens.
>> root     19031  0.0  0.0   3628   332 pts/0    D    15:07   0:00
>> /sbin/mount.gfs /dev/projectVG/db /project/db/ -o rw
>> after trying to do this the filesystem locks up on the first node also.
>>
>> /Dan
>

> Hi Dan,
>
> So apparently it's the mount that's hanging, not clvmd.
> By any chance, are you using manual fencing?  Because I think this
> behavior
> can be caused when a node is manually fenced, but the
> fence_ack_manual script was never run.  If that's the problem, try:
>
> fence_ack_manual -n <fenced_node>
>
> Regards,
>
> Bob Peterson
> Red Hat Cluster Suite

Hey Robert,
thats right, its not really the clvmd but when starting as a service it
performs a vgscan wich also freezes.
Correct, I'm using manual fenceing for the moment, but I don't want to
fence the other node since it hasn't faild,
but to have the filesystem mounted by all the nodes at the same time.
Just fence when it fails.
Maybe I've missunderstood the possibility of this? Though I've used it
on previous versions of centos.

Regards, Dan