[Linux-cluster] Newbie Question

Mike Duncan mike at duncancg.com
Thu Jun 28 17:43:41 UTC 2007

I hope this is a good place for beginner questions.  If not, please let
me know and I'll go away....

I am trying to construct my first cluster.  I have 6 PCs (P3s) and am
trying to learn the basics.  I have MPI up and running so that the nodes
will answer and they run a simple "hello world" program.

Here's my main question:  I'm running Fedora Core 6 on this cluster, and
would like to implement GFS as each node has a huge data HDD--160G per
node.  However I cannot find any information on the Net about
implementing GFS on FC6.  I found some old info about FC4, but it was
useless.  I see that RHEL has the functionality included.  Do I need to
install RHEL?  I have a legal copy of RHEL ES 4.

Thanks for any assistance!

Mike