[Linux-cluster] can't start GFS on Fedora

Jose Guevarra jose.dr.g at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 19:36:23 UTC 2007

yes, I'm trying to get a test HPC cluster going with GFS  to be used as a
SAN and shared among several nodes.

I'm currently using Fedora Core 4 which was the first version to come with
GFS.  As you say that there is now
a "new" infrast.  would you recommend that I simply upgrade to Fedora Core
6?

In terms of CCSD, 'service ccsd start' simply returns [Failed].  the logs
show ..

Mar  2 11:28:09 IQCD1 ccsd[8651]: Starting ccsd 1.0.0:
Mar  2 11:28:09 IQCD1 ccsd[8651]:  Built: Jun 16 2005 10:45:39
Mar  2 11:28:09 IQCD1 ccsd[8651]:  Copyright (C) Red Hat, Inc.  2004  All
rights reserved.

That's it.  I've now discovered that cluster.conf is nowhere to be found on
my system.  The probably
explains CCSD failing.  ccs-1.0 is installed.  What package installed a
default cluster.conf file?

Thanks.