[Linux-cluster] Power Switch recommendation

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 16:11:57 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-02-24 at 10:23 +0200, Krikler, Samuel wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I want to purchase a power switch to be used as fence device.
>
> Since I don’t any experience with this kind of devices:
>
> Can someone recommend me a specific power switch model of those
> supported by GFS2?

Much the same as GFS1.

Any WTI IPS800, IPS1600 or NBB series:

http://www.wti.com

Most APC 79xx series:

http://www.apcc.com

Older WTI models (e.g. NPS-115 or NPS-230) and older APC models (9225
+AP9606 web/snmp card comes to mind) are often available on eBay, but
the manufacturer may have stopped supporting the units.  As such, I'd
recommend one of the newer ones for production.

Currently, we don't have much else in the way of supported remote power
controller vendors.  Black Box seems to sell re-branded WTI devices, so
it might be possible to tweak the fence_wti agent to work with those.

-- Lon