[Linux-cluster] Shutdown a cluster

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Wed Mar 7 18:22:25 UTC 2007

Robert Peterson wrote:
> Bowie Bailey wrote:
> > What is the proper way to shutdown an entire cluster?
> >
> > I have a 3-node cluster.  I can shutdown any one node with no
> > problems, but when I try to shutdown the second and third nodes, it
> > locks up trying to stop the cluster processes since it loses quorum
> > at that point.  There has to be a way to tell the cluster to do a
> > complete shutdown.
> >
> > Any pointers?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> Hi Bowie,
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/faq.html#cman_shutdown

Now why couldn't I find that??  :)

Looking at my init scripts, it looks like the system should run this
command when I do a normal shutdown:

    cman_tool -t 60 -w leave remove

Should this be sufficient to allow me to shut down the entire cluster by
just issuing a "shutdown" command on each node, or is there something I
am missing?

--
Bowie