[Linux-cluster] GFS and RHCS will be included now in RHEL4 Advanced Platform ?

Rob Kenna rkenna at redhat.com
Fri Mar 16 18:57:18 UTC 2007

The RHEL 5 Advanced Platform provides a great deal, both in terms of
functionality and price.  Advanced Platform only exists on RHEL 5, there
is no RHEL 4 Advanced Platform. It does not include the entitlements to
run GFS & Cluster Suite on RHEL 4.  RHEL 4 packaging is the same as before.

If you have a RHEL 4 AS entitlement you can call Red Hat and upgrade,
for no charge, into the RHEL 5 AP platform which includes GFS & Cluster
Suite.

- Rob

Roger Peña wrote:
> Hi
> I just email sales contact in redhat but I do not get
> an anwser yet :-( I guess they are very busy now :-)
>
> According to redhat website, now GFS and Cluster suit
> are included in the Advanced Platform , what does that
> mean for RHEL-4 GFS and Cluster suit?
>
> If I now buy a RHEL Advanced Platform license what do
> I get is just for RHEL-5 plataform? or this features:
>
> http://www.redhat.com/rhel/server/advanced/
>
> are also true for RHEL-4 line of products ?
>
> more precise, one month ago, if I would had to have
> support for RHEL4 GFS I would had to buy this:
> two RHEL licenses
> two GFS licenses
> which mean more than $5k .
> now with only $3k I got the same for RHEL5 plataform.
> what I need to know is: the same is true for RHEL-4
> plataform?
>
> thanks
> roger

> RedHat Certified Engineer ( RHCE )
> Cisco Certified Network Associate ( CCNA )

Robert Kenna / Red Hat
Sr Product Mgr - Clustering & Storage
10 Technology Park Drive
Westford, MA 01886