[Linux-cluster] Filesystem Freeze

Röthlein Michael (RI-Solution) Michael.Roethlein at ri-solution.com
Mon Mar 19 14:42:50 UTC 2007

Hello,

We use GFS for about 1 year now on a 4 node cluster connected to a SAN. In the past weeks nearly every day we had troubles desribed here: http://www.open-sharedroot.org/faq/troubleshooting-guide/system-failures/the-whole-cluster-freezes/ as "Freeze of filesystem"
> There you will not see anything in the syslogs. The only thing you will see is rapidly increasing load on the system an
> rapidly increasing amounts of processes in the D State (means waiting for I/O). Here a lock is hung and any process
> accessing the resource (normally directory) locked by this lock will end up in the processstate D.

Is there any sure way to determine which node causes the lock or any fix for this issue?
We use this cluster as web server running apache 2.

Thanks in advance

Yours

Michael