[Linux-cluster] Problem with SAN after migrating to RH cluster suite

Hartin, Brian Brian.Hartin at pearson.com
Mon Mar 19 18:13:37 UTC 2007

Robert,

Thanks for replying.  In particular, the script for the Perforce server
(p4d) is failing with a 'no such file or directory' error.  However, if
one waits 30 seconds and runs /etc/init.d/p4d, it works.  We made sure
that this is not an application problem by changing /etc/init.d/p4d to
include other commands like 'ls' and 'touch' which also report that the
directory on the SAN is not available.

I ran the 'chkconfig' command you suggested and it produced

ccsd            0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
fenced          0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
cman            0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

Does that shed any light?

Thanks for your help!

Brian Hartin