[Linux-cluster] Re: Linux-cluster Digest, Vol 35, Issue 18

Alan Wood chekov at ucla.edu
Wed Mar 14 21:34:53 UTC 2007

Holger,

we ran into that problem and went back and forth with dell for literally
months as they replaces every component in the 220, our Perc cards, cables,
etc.  we were never able to solve the problem and I ended up buying a
couple of iSCSI enclosures instead, which I've been very happy with.  Much
of the consensus from experts I've talked to is to avoid using shared SCSI
buses for concurrent access, at least with the megaraid driver.  I have not
had any problems with the PV enclosure since shifting it to a single-system
connection.

wish I could tell you something more positive.  In the end I was not able
to correlate the crashses with anything (load, calendar, processes, users,
or settings).  Sometimes it would go a month without crashing sometimes it
would crash many times in a week.
-alan