[Linux-cluster] DLM Documentation

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Tue Mar 20 15:09:52 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 02:49:10PM -0400, Jeff wrote:
> There is a document in a DLM Source tree,
>   http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cluster/dlm/doc/?cvsroot=cluster
> which briefly describes the DLM API.
> Is there anything else available?
>
> In particular I was looking for how VALNOTVALID errors are handled and
> signaled to the user.

The userland API is somewhat half-baked, it does just enough for the
minimal use we've made of it.  VALNOTVALID in particular is something we
don't use, so it exists, but in practice it probably doesn't work right.
The dlm code that supports userland locking is currently being overhauled,
and part of that will include the API.  It's part of a larger effort to
make the dlm useful for serious userland apps.  If you're interested in
specific things from the dlm or the API, now would be a great time to let
us know.

Dave