[Linux-cluster] Solution: Install over FC SAN works, boot doesn't

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Tue Mar 20 18:59:33 UTC 2007

After endless trial and errors, the solution was so much simpler than the
problem.
The problem was that I was able to install over the SAN to a volume but I
could not boot from that installation.
It was as simple as going into the 'Advanced setting' of the boot installer
while installing the server and picking the proper drive to boot.

Wish RH would make it a pick list rather than having to highlight the drive,
then click it up one at a time but hey, it works.

The answer was from a way cool guy at Qlogic who spend two days looking into
this and figured out the problem. Now I have my central storage AND SAN based
roots for each blade, no need for drives, flash drives, nothing, just the
storage.

Mike

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 17:44:35 +0000, William Rizzo wrote:
> Hi you're trying to do that?
>
> When you say "Install Linux over the FC Network", do you mean Boot From
SAN?