[Linux-cluster] Making gfs-deploy-tool dist agnostic (somewhat)

Sebastian Walter sebastian.walter at fu-berlin.de
Tue Mar 27 14:32:03 UTC 2007

C. Bergström wrote:
> Sebastian Walter wrote:
>> As looking on the gfs-deploy page I can't find anything really
>> exciting about this project, most of the features are already covered
>> by the Cluster Suite.
> gfs-deploy from reading the docs appears to be an almost idiot proof
> tool to deploy......... gfs... Whereas the link you sent is just the
> dependency packages that by themselves have no interface to deploy
> other than manually on each node/target.  Correct me if I'm wrong?
The link gives you the packages (you just import the repository in yum
as described) and the manuals for the Cluster Suite (CS) and GFS.
According to the gfs manual, you can't install it without CS at all (for
Redhat and his friends; at least, not in a idiot-proof way e.g.
cluster.conf). After a first manual distribution of the cluster.conf
file the CS arranges the distribution of all services and shared file
systems. The deployment of the rpm's is done by the rocks cluster
distribution, which is really comfortable and worth a look.

Good luck!
Sebastian