[Linux-cluster] Cluster maintenance mode ?

Marc Grimme grimme at atix.de
Wed Mar 28 08:24:37 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 27 March 2007 18:01:04 David Teigland wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 05:48:25PM +0200, Mark Hlawatschek wrote:
> > Is there a way to put the cman into a kind of maintenance mode, where
> > only one node is up and no other node is allowed to join ?  If not, are
> > there plans to implement something like that ?
> >
> > The question is adressing the following issue: I'd like to enable
> > automatic GFS filesystem checks. (localfs like every Nth mount or after
> > M days... ) This FS check would only be allowed if no other node has the
> > filesystem mounted or no other node is in the cluster. How can this be
> > assured in a general way ?
>
> The best approach to this problem IMO is to activate the LV exclusively on
> the node you want to fsck from.  Last I heard, though, there were problems
> with exclusive LV activation, so this didn't actually work.
>
> Dave

And the other question would be can one detect a currupted filesystem.

I.e. is it possible to detect if the fs was not cleanly unmounted? Are there
any possibilities?

--
Gruss / Regards,

Marc Grimme
Phone: +49-89 452 3538-14
http://www.atix.de/               http://www.open-sharedroot.org/

**
ATIX - Ges. fuer Informationstechnologie und Consulting mbH
Einsteinstr. 10 - 85716 Unterschleissheim - Germany

Registergericht: Amtsgericht München
Registernummer: HRB 131682
USt.-Id.: DE209485962

Geschäftsführung: Marc Grimme, Mark Hlawatschek, Thomas Merz