[Linux-cluster] reducing heartbeat interval

garylua at singnet.com.sg garylua at singnet.com.sg
Tue May 8 01:06:25 UTC 2007

i'm trying to reduce the heartbeat interval of the cluster to as low as possible, but it seems that the the status of my servives are checked every 10 seconds, indicating that my heartbeat interval seems to be 10 seconds. Is there a minimum value of the hellp_timer which i can set?

Also, I inserted the line with the hello_timer into my cluster.conf file as Patrick recommended, but the heartbeat interval still remains at 10 sec even though I've changed the value to 2. Thx