[Linux-cluster] cman cannot start

garylua at singnet.com.sg garylua at singnet.com.sg
Wed May 16 07:46:58 UTC 2007

Hi, I'm currently experiencing a problem of being unable to start the cman service for one of my node in my 2-node cluster. Let's call the working node nodeA and the failed node nodeB.

When nodeA is in the cluster and i try to start up nodeB, the cman service cannot be started (FAILED). I check the /var/log/messages and there's a line that said something like "nodeB cannot detect broadcast address; connection refused".

I've checked the my cluster.conf for both nodes are exactly the same, and so are my /etc/hosts file. Is there anything I've overlooked which may be causing this issue? Even when I bring down nodeA and try to bring nodeB into the cluster, cman failed too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.