[Linux-cluster] Slowness above 500 RRDs

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Mon May 21 14:42:11 UTC 2007

Ferenc Wagner <wferi at niif.hu> writes:

> I installed the new OpenAIS infrastructure (cluster-2.00.00) on my
> cluster.  Here are the results of the usual tests: [...]
>
> The magic limit of 500 disappeared, and flocks are indeed twice as
> fast as plocks, something you probably expected.  However, in the
> first test the old infrastructure was much-much faster, doing an
> iteration in about 0.2 s, thanks to some caching effect.  This is the
> kind of performance I'm after.  How can I tune the new infrastructure,
> like cache sizes in the old?  Or should I look for something else?

One more thing: the old infrastructure became fast when only one (or
sometimes two) node kept the shared volume mounted.  Now this effect
is lost as well, a single node or all three nodes mounting the volume
shows the same not-so-stellar performance.  Is this expected, or do I
make a mistake somewhere?
--
Thanks,
Feri.