[Linux-cluster] RHEL4 U5 dependencies missing

Kevin Anderson kanderso at redhat.com
Mon May 21 17:30:44 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 17:51 +0200, David Touitou wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> Brand new to the list, I'm trying to setup my first RHCS with a couple of Proliant DL385 (with iLO) and a StorageWorks 500G2.
>
> We're trying to setup RHCS but we're stuck with the fence package.
>
> We did :
> # up2date --force --installall=rhel-i386-as-4-cluster
>
> up2date correctly installed most of the package but fence :
>
> Name                                    Version        Rel
> fence                                   1.32.45        1                 i686
>

> Testing package set / solving RPM inter-dependencies...
> There was a package dependency problem. The message was:
>
> Unresolvable chain of dependencies:
> fence  1.32.45-1                         requires libnss3.so
> fence  1.32.45-1                         requires libnss3.so(NSS_3.2)
> fence  1.32.45-1                         requires libnss3.so(NSS_3.4)
>

> The following packages were added to your selection to satisfy dependencies:
> Package                                Required by
>

> Do you have any clue about this ?

We added the fence_xvm fencing agent to the Cluster 4.5 release.  This
allows paravirtual rhel 4.5 guests to run as a cluster communicating
with the fence_xvmd daemon running in the rhel 5.0 domain 0 to allow
fencing to occur.  There is authentication that occurs between the
guests and the domain 0 daemon that uses libnss from seamonkey.  Thus,
the new dependency on the seamonkey packages.  So, install seamonkey-nss
and the problem gets resolved.

Kevin