[Linux-cluster] Backup GFS File system

Ben Yarwood ben.yarwood at juno.co.uk
Tue May 22 13:56:11 UTC 2007

I intend to create a backup of my GFS6.1 file systems (3 Node cluster) on a single backup machine and wanted to check some facts.

1.  To run a GFS filesystem with nolock as the lock protocol, do I need the rest of the cluster infrastructure?

2.  If I do need the rest of the cluster architecture, can you have a one node cluster?

3.  In the event of the primary storage failing and the backup being used, I can convert the lock protocol to dlm using gfs_tool
e.g. gfs_tool sd /dev/sdx proto lock_dlm ?

Thanks
Ben