[Linux-cluster] Strange Behavior

Patrick Caulfield pcaulfie at redhat.com
Wed May 23 08:54:46 UTC 2007

Robert Gil wrote:
> Nevermind. This was all due to incorrect time on a couple of the nodes.
> One node was in the past, and one was in the future.
>
> It may be beneficial to fix this as it DOES cause a kernel panic. Maybe
> add some kind of time sync check to disallow a node from joining when
> its time isn't within X of the cluster.

We need to find out what was really causing the problem I think. cman always
uses internal, relative time stamps and I've quite happily run clusters where
the nodes have up to a nine hour time difference.

Of course, your cluster nodes /should/ have similar times on them, if only for
the sanity of your applications but I'm still unclear as to why it would cause a
panic.
--
Patrick

Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street,
Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 ITE, UK.
Registered in England and Wales under Company Registration No. 3798903