[Linux-cluster] how to GFS mirroring? GFS+CLVM+GNBD? GFS+cmirror? GFS+DRBD? GFS+ddraid?

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Mon May 28 16:33:14 UTC 2007

andremachado wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to find some configuration to mirror GFS, for a no single point of failure in a very simple department small cluster.

Buy a 2nd SAN and use the facilities provided by the vendor to do it.
Ideally, it should be placed in a different location.
Everything else is going to make the whole thing *less* reliable, IMO.

If your data is so valuable that it needs to be mirrored somewhere else,
a 2nd SAN should not be an issue from a monetary point of view.

cheers,
Rainer