[Linux-cluster] Shutting down a cluster

James Fidell james at cloud9.co.uk
Mon Nov 5 13:28:39 UTC 2007

According to the FAQ, to shut down a cluster node it's necessary to do

  # cman_tool leave remove

before shutting down a cluster node.  On my CentOS5 servers however, I
get:

  # cman_tool leave remove
  cman_tool: Error leaving cluster: Device or resource busy

There are no errors in the logs to indicate why this might be and it
happens even if I run it immediately after running the cman init script
without any services being run yet.

Is this the wrong thing to be doing now, or is there some way to find
out why the node can't leave the cluster?

James