[Linux-cluster] Shutting down a cluster

Patrick Caulfield pcaulfie at redhat.com
Tue Nov 6 13:26:17 UTC 2007

Ward, Timothy - SSD wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, James Fidell wrote:
>> According to the FAQ, to shut down a cluster node it's necessary to do
>>
>>   # cman_tool leave remove
>>
>> before shutting down a cluster node.  On my CentOS5 servers however, I
> get:
>>   # cman_tool leave remove
>>   cman_tool: Error leaving cluster: Device or resource busy
>>
>> There are no errors in the logs to indicate why this might be and it
>> happens even if I run it immediately after running the cman init
> script
>> without any services being run yet.
>>
>> Is this the wrong thing to be doing now, or is there some way to find
>> out why the node can't leave the cluster?
>>
>> James
>
> Try:
> # cman_tool force leave

I would try and avoid that if possible. It's much better to make sure that all
of the services are shut down beforehand and let cman shut down tidily.

Check for things like ccsd still running and services shown my 'cman_tool
services'. Unfortunately it can be hard to determine which cluster services are
running if you don't know what they all are, but it's worth trying  :-)

--
Patrick