[Linux-cluster] lvs + nanny + piranha problem, server not working

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Tue Nov 6 20:57:05 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 10:16 -0400, jimmy.nimo at pranical.com wrote:
> I take your recommendation and change the gateway in the real server to
> 10.11.12.9 (I really think that it has to use the 10.11.12.10 because if you
> have a backup lvs Router, it change is the virtual ip eth1:1 not the real ip)
> and don't work either

I am pretty sure that if you don't have a send_program (i.e. external
script defined), you need send / expect strings.  Nanny uses these to
decide what real servers are online so it can then add/remove them
to/from the real server pool.

For web,

virtual http {
    expect = "HTTP"
    send = "GET / HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n"
    (rest of virtual server def.)
}

Also you don't have the backup server enabled, so director failover
won't happen.

-- Lon