[Linux-cluster] How to take down a CS/GFS setup with minimumdowntime

rhurst at bidmc.harvard.edu rhurst at bidmc.harvard.edu
Wed Nov 7 16:43:33 UTC 2007

Lon, "leave remove" works as advertised, but is there a way (i.e.,
parameter) to do the same thing when a downed node re-joins the cluster
automagically?  If I down more than one node using the default "leave
remove", it decrements each instance properly, and maintains quorum.
But if I startup just one of those nodes later, the quorum count jumps
all the way back to its modus operandi value in cluster.conf, and in
some rare cases, I could no longer have quorum!

Example:

11 nodes (votes are 2 nodes @ 5 each, plus 9 nodes @ 1 each, expected =
19, quorum = 10)

"leave remove" 1 node @ 5 votes, quorum re-calculates as 8, total = 14