[Linux-cluster] Fwd: [GE users] Invitation to talk about grid.org and Cluster Express at SC07

Andrew Wang andrewxwang at yahoo.com.tw
Thu Nov 8 16:53:32 UTC 2007

Globus, Grid Engine, commercial Rocks @ SC07!!

Andrew.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Steve Tuecke <tuecke at univa.com>
Date: Nov 8, 2007 11:37 AM
Subject: [GE users] Invitation to talk about grid.org
and Cluster Express at SC07
To: users at gridengine.sunsource.net
Cc: Steve Tuecke <tuecke at univaud.com>, Carl Kesselman
<carl at univaud.com>

As you may be aware, there are new things brewing at
Univa UD and the
grid.org web site.  Previously, grid.org was the home
of a philanthropic internet scale computing platform
that was used to help advance cancer research, drug
design and public health. With the advances in
integrated open source software for cluster and grid
environments, including the release of our open source
Cluster
Express 3.0 beta next week at SC based on Grid Engine
and Globus,
Univa UD felt that it was time to direct grid.org
towards a new
purpose: augmenting the existing open source
communities with a site
oriented toward the integrated set of components that
are required to
create an complete open source Grid and Cluster
software stack.

We would very much like to have the opportunity next
week at the SC
conference in Reno to tell you more about the plans
for grid.org and
our open source Cluster Express product, discuss how
they related to
the existing Globus, Grid Engine, and other open
source software and
communities, get your input, and perhaps encourage you
participate. While we are happy to talk to you at any
time, Carl
Kesselman and I will be at the Univa UD booth (#381)
on Tuesday and
Wednesday at 11AM and 1PM specifically for this
purpose.

We hope to see you there and look forward to the
chance to talk to
you about these exciting new activities.

Regards,
-Steve

--
Steve Tuecke