[Linux-cluster] Conga issue

Ward, Timothy - SSD Timothy.Ward at itt.com
Tue Nov 13 16:13:00 UTC 2007

Scott Becker wrote:
>> So, according to the faq, the latter syntax is needed.
>>
>> So now I need to figure out how to manually make changes to
cluster.conf (I've been
>> using luci) and luci appears to need some fixes.
>>
>>    scottb

Scott,

I have had limited success with conga.  I am using: luci-0.8-30.el5
These are the steps I've had to take:
1) Build initial small /etc/cluster/cluster.conf by hand
2) Copy this file to all 3 nodes
3) Start the cluster to make sure it comes up
4) Start luci and load this cluster.conf using "Add an Existing Cluster"
5) Make changes in luci

There are some additional things that do not work when you attempt to
add them through the web interface, but I will have to rebuild my
cluster to remember what they are.  (I will post them when I find them).

Also I have found that using luci for managing the service and server
state is useless.  Instead from the command line I do things like:
root at node1::/#  clusvcadm -r apache1 -m node2.cluster.com

Using the above combination of vi/luci/command-line I've gotten a
working cluster on CentOS 5.

Tim
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary
and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in
error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or
opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The
recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the
presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage
caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.