[Linux-cluster] Conga issue

Ryan McCabe rmccabe at redhat.com
Tue Nov 13 17:22:10 UTC 2007

On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 07:55:56AM -0800, Scott Becker wrote:
> I just updated to RHEL 5.1. The release notes stated there was a
> smoother layout of the fences screen.

For node 3, unless I'm missing something, the cluster.conf that conga
produced is correct. Because there are dual power supplies, both need
to be turned off before either is turned back on to ensure the machine
powers off. After both are off, both can be turned back on. The front-end
hides this detail from the user.

Did you enter identical fence configurations (except for the port numbers)
in conga for nodes 2 and 3? If so, then they both ought to look like
node 3's configuration, and you've hit a bug; node 2 will be fenced
correctly, but it won't be brought back up.

Ryan