[Linux-cluster] Conga issue

James Parsons jparsons at redhat.com
Tue Nov 13 19:59:20 UTC 2007

> Since I manually fixed cluster.conf, luci now displays four entires
> for both nodes.
>
> I just reordered the entries in cluster.conf like this:
>  <device name="RackPDU1" option="off" port="3"/>
>  <device name="RackPDU1" option="on" port="3"/>
>  <device name="RackPDU2" option="off" port="3"/>
>  <device name="RackPDU2" option="on" port="3"/>
>
> to group them in on off pairs and now luci displays just the two.  :)
>
>     thanks
>     scottb

The above is an incorrect way to set up fencing on a node with redundant
power supplies...whatever the UI is showing you.
This configuration does not guarentee that the node is truly rebooted.
Both ports Off At The Same Time is the only way to be certain the node
is not staying up due to timing issues. Keeping this in your
cluster.conf puts your data at risk.

If the UI component is writing something improper to the configuration
file regarding fencing (or any other cluster parameter), please file a
bugzilla ticket and include your conga version number, your conf file,
and a screen shot if you can. If conga is messing up fence
configuration, it will be addressed with a very high priority.

Regards,

-Jim