[Linux-cluster] Cluster Communications Security

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Wed Nov 14 22:04:45 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 13:48 -0800, Scott Becker wrote:
> I'm on the verge of reimplementing fence_apc in C to use ssh. Before I
> spend the time on this to be able to fence securely, I wanted to see
> if there's any compelling reasons I needed a private subnet anyway. I
> don't have any GFS, each node will have it's own copy of the web
> content.

If you do and want us to pull it in, be sure to use nss/nspr and/or
GNUtls; OpenSSL's license is GPLv2 incompatible:

  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html

Preference would be for nss/nspr, as it routinely gets FIPS
certifications:

  http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/fips/

-- Lon