[Linux-cluster] Child vs Resource

Ryan McCabe rmccabe at redhat.com
Mon Nov 19 21:10:01 UTC 2007

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 10:15:22AM -0800, Scott Becker wrote:
> On luci's configure a service screen, there's a button to 'add a child'
> and another button to 'add a resource to this service'.
>
> I haven't found anything which explains the difference.

Adding a child to an existing resource causes the resultant resource to
be nested under the one to which you're adding a child. For example, if
the resource you're adding a child to is named R, then, it will produce
something like:

<service ...>
 <restype name="R">
   <new_resource_here />
 </restype>
</service>

Clicking the 'add a resource to this service' button causes a new
resource to be added to the end of the service block. For example:

<service ...>
 <restype name="resource0">
   <optional_nested_resources />
 </restype>