[Linux-cluster] scsi_watchdog

Ryan O'Hara rohara at redhat.com
Wed Nov 21 17:32:59 UTC 2007

isplist at logicore.net wrote:
> The scsi_watchdog.conf was added to all of my nodes when I did a yum update on
> all nodes connected to this cluster. I'm not even sure why it's in the
> /etc/cluster directory and I don't use standard SCSI since I'm using fibre
> channel.
>
> I'm now suspecting that what ever this is, it is the cause of my web server
> slow down's. I can't seem to find much about this so thought I should ask.

scsi_watchdog.conf is only being used if 1) you use scsi reservations as
a fence method and 2) you explicitly state in a sysconfig file that you
want scsi_watchdog to run. I'm guessing that neither of these apply to
use, and therefore the scsi_watchdog is having no effect. It is disabled
by default.