[Linux-cluster] scsi_watchdog

Christopher Barry christopher.barry at qlogic.com
Wed Nov 21 17:42:12 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-cluster-bounces at redhat.com on behalf of isplist at logicore.net
Sent: Wed 11/21/2007 12:39 PM
To: linux-cluster
Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] scsi_watchdog

> scsi_watchdog.conf is only being used if 1) you use scsi reservations as
> a fence method and 2) you explicitly state in a sysconfig file that you
> want scsi_watchdog to run. I'm guessing that neither of these apply to
> use, and therefore the scsi_watchdog is having no effect. It is disabled
> by default.

I was kind of hoping that this is where my slow down's were coming from. If
it's not enabled, then I guess I'm searching again.

Ever since I did that update, the web nodes are very slow. All of the other
nodes seem to be fine. I just don't get it.

Thanks.

Mike

Can you tell if any processes are hogging CPU or anything?
Can you do a bonnie++ against your disks and see if the IO
is slower than normal for some reason?

What exactly do you mean by slow?

-C