[Linux-cluster] FS mount point must really be unique ?

Roger Peña orkcu at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 27 14:40:48 UTC 2007

Hi

I am getting a resource confict, because identical
mount point definitions in Global FS resources, I read
the FAQ:
http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/faq.html#rgm_wontstart
and it clearly say that:
"The mount point is also the same, and that must be
unique."

ok, my question is:
is there any way I can avoid that check ?.

I have two services in the cluster, both services run
alone on its own node, and will not share in any
circunstances the same node so I guess that the good
check action that RG do is not necesary in  this case

My services are email services, and my common FS
resource is the email queue but I can imagine that two
differents web services with the same /var/www mount
point with different content are perfectly valid
cases.

I guess I can try to configure my aplication so that
use another queue directory but ....
but why if I can't? I didn't check but maybe it is
hard code in the binary ...

please, any sujestion?
thanks
roger