[Linux-cluster] Any thoughts on losing mount?

Wendy Cheng wcheng at redhat.com
Tue Nov 27 19:49:16 UTC 2007

isplist at logicore.net wrote:
> Thanks for the help. Your suggestion lead to fixing things just fine. I went
> with reformatting the space since that is an easy option. I understand about
> making sure that all nodes are unmounted before doing any gfs_fsck work on the
> disk.

Sorry... I was a little bit worried. Anyway, I start to think it would
be nice to have some kinds of "control node" concept where these admin
commands can be performed on one particular pre-defined node. This would
allow the tools to check and prevent mistakes like these (say fsck would
start to ssh to each node to unmount the filesystem before it starts to
do anything).  This is something to think about. After all, cluster
system management is not a trivial task and mistakes can be plenty,
regardless admins' skills.

-- Wendy