[Linux-cluster] GFS Performance Problems (RHEL5)

Paul Risenhoover prisenhoover at sampledigital.com
Tue Nov 27 23:54:19 UTC 2007

Yes and No.

I've been running a RHEL 4.x server connected to a VTrak M500i with
750GB disks for the last year, and it's run beautifully.  I have had no
performance problems with a 5TB volume (the disk array wasn't fully loaded).

In an effort to increase storage, I just purchased a VTrak 610 with 1TB
disks and prepped it exactly like the other (except with RHEL5).  The
ultimate goal is to have two servers in an active/passive configuration
serving SAMBA.

Would you be willing to share your discoveries?
Paul