[Linux-cluster] I give up

Scott Becker scottb at bxwa.com
Wed Nov 28 23:19:57 UTC 2007

> I do want to disagree strongly, however, with your blanket suggestion
> that this software is not complete, and is not a cluster solution. It
> is a solution for many, many users...not all of whom are RH customers.
> It is just not a solution for you, my friend.
>
> Thanks for your many constructive comments. I hope you keep trying the
> software - we are here to help as best we can. I haven't given up on
> you *quite* yet! :)

to recap my problem, from an earlier post:

I just performed a test which failed miserably. I have two nodes (node 2
and node 3) and did a test of a nic failure and expected a fencing race
with a good outcome. The good node did not attempt to fence the bad node
(although the bad one did make an attempt as expected). At the same time
it also did not take over the service ( really bad ).

Only after I reconnected the nic's cable did it reject the improperly
joining node (good) and recover the service (too late). Normal luci two
node configuration. It's broken. From a prior post of "Service Recovery
Failure" thread:

How do I turn up the verbosity of fenced? I'll repeat the test. The only
mention I can find is -D but I don't know how I can use that. I'll
browse the source and see if I can learn anything. I'm using 2.0.73.

The failover failed. My fence_apc hack worked great. If I could turn up
verbosity of fenced I would continue trying to figure this out. It's
possible that if I stopped the cluster, rebooted everything and then
brought the cluster back up then my test might succeed. But I still
can't trust it for production.

Several others have said 4.5 and 4.6 work great for them but 5.0 and 5.1
malfunction.

    scottb