[Linux-cluster] Problems to start ony one cluster service (SOLVED but ...)

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Fri Nov 30 01:38:32 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 15:51 +0100, carlopmart wrote:
> carlopmart wrote:
> >
> > Finally I have found where is the problem: I need to put
> > alternate_config param under first postfix instance and now all works
> > ok. Service starts, stops and relocate ok but I found a little problem:
> > clurgmgrd doesn't checks the status of the service. If I remove status
> > flag from init script for the resource, nothing occurs. Do I need to put
> > any param on cluster.conf to check services every 1 min or 2???
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> Please, any hints???

Check rg_test output if it's not checking the status; e.g.:

  rg_test rules
  rg_test test /etc/cluster/cluster.conf

If there are no errors, & the status timer interval is too high, you can
reduce it either in the resource agents, or by adding a special
non-resource child-tag of a given resource in the tree (i.e. not in the
<resources> block, but actually as a child of the resource in the
<service>):

  <action name="status" interval="time_in_seconds" depth="*"/>

So, ...

   <script name="myscript>
     <action name="status" interval="10" depth="*"/>  <!-- status every
                                                        10 seconds -->
   </script>

for example.

-- Lon