[Linux-cluster] SCSI fencing on RHEL 4.5

Sadek, Abdel Abdel.Sadek at lsi.com
Fri Oct 5 17:14:24 UTC 2007

I have a 2-node RHEL 4.5 cluster. I am using SCSI fencing which uses
scsi-3 reservation. The 2 nodes are sharing devices on a FC storage
array. I am using a single path; there is no multipath driver involved.
I am also using GFS on top of LVM volumes.

When I shutdown one of the nodes, the cluster does not send any commands
to the storage array to clear out the persistent reservations for that
node. This causes the resources not to fail correctly to the other node
since it cannot break the reservation done by the dead node. My
questions are:

1. Is that a known issue?

2. Is there a way to turn some kind of debugging on the cluster that
will allow me to watch if any scsi PRIN/PROUT commands are sent to the
storage devices?

Thanks.

Abdel..