[Linux-cluster] Conga invalid certificate

Ryan McCabe rmccabe at redhat.com
Mon Oct 15 17:14:28 UTC 2007

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 09:27:03AM -0600, Sadek, Abdel wrote:
> I am getting an invalid certificate error message when trying to open up
> a conga web interface from a windows host. How do I get a valid
> certificate?

What's the exact text of the error message you're getting? If it's not
the "Unable to verify the identity of..." dialog, there's nothing we can
do about that presently; you need to use a certificate signed by a trusted
CA to get rid of that one. If the browser is saying the cert is flat-out
invalid and is refusing to proceed, you may have an old certificate saved
(this can happen if you installed luci, deleted it, then installed it
again). You can fix this by deleting the certificate from the browser's
saved certs list. In firefox, you can find the saved certificates at
Preferences -> Advanced ->  Encryption -> View Certificates -> Web Sites.
It is probably listed as being issued by "Common Name."

Ryan