[Linux-cluster] SCSI 2 vs SCSI 3 reservation

Sadek, Abdel Abdel.Sadek at lsi.com
Mon Oct 15 20:38:09 UTC 2007

Is there a document that clearly explains the difference between SCSI 2
reserve/release and SCSI 3 persistent reservation?

My understanding of the SCSI reservation in a Cluster environment is
that one node Only can reserve a LUN for write access.

In my 2 node RHEL 4.5 cluster I've noticed that both nodes are
registered with my LUNs from my SAN storage array. Only one of them
holds the reservation but both can access it for Read/Writes.

Thanks.

Abdel...