[Linux-cluster] Virtual ips 'drifting' from one node to another

Chris Harms chris at cmiware.com
Tue Oct 16 18:49:19 UTC 2007

We went with 2 APC remote power switches.  The ports can be grouped
together so you can turn off multiple ports at the same time to combat
redundant power supplies keeping the machine on.  Just remember to have
the cluster use the same IP address to connect to the APC device for
each node so they can't both be fenced simultaneously.  The APC software
only allows one session at a time so the second node will be blocked
from accessing it on the same IP.

Hope that helps.

Chris